Did you like how we did? Rate your experience!



46 votes

Can I apply for Canadian PR while I am studying there on a study?

Students studying in Canada may apply for Canadian permanent resident status while studying in Canada or after completing their studies, provided they meet the requirements of the Canadian immigration program under which they apply. It is possible to apply for both temporary (work and study) and permanent residence in Canada this is called dual intent. Dual intent allows students to apply for permanent residence, while at the same time securing their temporary study permit. For students, this makes Canada an even more attractive place to study. There are a number of programs that offer Canada permanent residency for students after they have completed their degree: Canadian Experience Class Quebec Experience Class Provincial Nomination Programs

Loading, please wait...